As part of our commitment to stimulate growth in Malartic, we continue to invest locally in several areas, such as training, education, health, culture and sports. We believe in the importance of social solidarity.
To submit a donation or sponsorship request, please complete the form below and email it to email@example.com
The Fonds Essor Canadian Malartic (FECM - formerly the Fonds Essor Malartic Osisko - FEMO) was set up in 2008 to leave a positive legacy for future generations. The FECM, a first for the Québec and Canadian mining industry, will improve the quality of life of the residents of Malartic and encourage long-term community growth by promoting and supporting initiatives that will have a lasting impact on economic, social and cultural development. It will also implement growth-generating projects that support community development priorities. Project proposals are submitted to the FECM Board of Directors, which is composed of:
Two Canadian Malartic Mine Board members;
One external economic administrator;
Four Malartic community representatives; and
One Town of Malartic representative.
Through its goal to support initiatives that have a lasting impact on economic, social and cultural development, the Fonds Essor Canadian Malartic is active in six areas:
• social services;
• health and well-being;
• sports and recreation;
• arts and culture; and
• support for low-income families.
Each year, Canadian Malartic Mine donates $150,000 to the FECM, with further contributions coming from the sale of waste oil ($90,000 in 2014). In addition, 300,000 shares worth $2.4 million, provided by Osisko Mining Corporation when the Fund was created, were cashed in when Agnico Eagle and Yamana Gold acquired Osisko.
Recognizing that most organizations have a growing need for volunteers, Canadian Malartic Mine has instituted a program to encourage its employees to volunteer in Malartic. We provide information on organizations in Malartic that need volunteers and foster a culture of caring in an effort to make our team aware of how important community involvement is.
Canadian Malartic Mine believes that volunteer work contributes to social development that is rooted in the values of responsibility and guided by a desire to improve community well-being. Our team is proud to volunteer their time and to help promote volunteering.
Does your organization in Malartic need volunteer help?
Let us know what you need.
* We will inform our employees of your activities once we receive your request for volunteers.
Canadian Malartic Mine contributes to the development and social well-being of the communities in which it operates. Whether by contributing financially, taking part in fund-raising campaigns or getting involved in various charitable organizations, our team shares a common goal: promoting community vitality.
- Help in funding the construction of the Hetherington housing project in Malartic (public housing units)
- Help in funding the expansion of the Bambin et Câlin childcare centre in Malartic
- Help in funding the renovation of the Saint-Martin-de-Tours Parish in Malartic
- Full funding of the construction of the Osisko Stadium in Malartic
- Full funding of the construction of the Belvedere Park in Malartic
- Partnership with the Malartic Mineralogical Museum for Canadian Malartic Mine tours
- Partnership with the Town of Malartic to provide the citizens of Malartic and Rivière-Héva with free transportation to Mount Video from December to March (since 2014)
- Partnership with community stakeholders to establish a local organization – Corporation Victoire – that works to improve student retention
Sign up for our newsletter to receive information on upcoming activities and the latest news on Canadian Malartic Mine.
Community Relations Team
Tel: 819.757.2225 #3425
100, Chemin du Lac Mourier
Malartic, QC J0Y 1Z0
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am – 5:00 pm